Youth: Open Space (Southeast Asia)
Read the outputs of the previous Youth: Open Space sessions
UPCOMING OPEN SPACE
ASEAN Youth Forum (AYF) aims to accommodate the voices of young Southeast Asians. Being a platform to accommodate the voices of young Southeast Asians it has always been, we would like to announce that we are hosting the eleventh Youth: Open Space
Sunday, April 18th, 2021
02.00 - 03.30 PM (Bangkok/Jakarta Time)
Topic: Earth, Climate Change, and Green Transition
Co-hosts: Fifty (Indonesia), Duc (Vietnam), and Ella (Timor Leste)
Notes of Participation: Download
In this Open Space and in the observation of Earth Day 2021, AYF is providing a platform for youth to share their views and experience in regards to Climate Justice and Green Transition. If you feel like having something to say about the topic or simply just want to hear from other youth in the region, feel free to join because we'd love to have you in this open space.
Key Driving Questions:
- Why do youth need to focus and align their efforts / initiatives with the issue of climate change and its intersectionality?
- How are youth able to participate in the efforts and actions towards SDG 13 “Climate Action”, Call to Action on Paris Agreement, and ASEAN’s commitment for a green future and sustainable region?
- What are practical ways in which we can serve/promote climate justice and support green transition in ASEAN / your own country and community?
The open space is designed for a very interactive session where there will be hosts that would moderate the leaderless discussion. It will take place via Zoom (please download Zoom App beforehand) and once the discussion is opened, the host will break the participants into smaller group so that eveyone can have equal opportunity to share and to voice out their mind and feelings. The discussion will last around 45 minutes. ASEAN Youth Forum will create an article and video output based on the discussion.
Sunday, April 18th, 2021
2PM - Bangkok, Jakarta, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Vientiane
1.30PM - Yangon
3PM - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bandar Seri Begawan, Manila
4PM - Dili
Any youth who
- are between 15-35 years old
- are a national of / living in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
- believe in the values of human rights, justice, democracy, and freedom
- Register here
- Participants will receive confirmation through email that contains zoom link details
- AYF will remind the participants about Youth: Open Space twice after confirmation email
you can address any question to email@example.com