Youth: Open Space (Southeast Asia)
ASEAN Youth Forum (AYF) aims to accommodate the voices of young Southeast Asians. Being a platform to accommodate the voices of young Southeast Asians it has always been, we would like to announce that we are hosting the Youth: Open Space #8
Sunday, Nov 29th, 2020
02.00 - 03.00 PM (Bangkok/Jakarta Time)
Topic: Youth & Democracy in Southeast Asia
Co-hosted by: to be announced
In this Open Space, AYF is providing a platform for youth to discuss democracy and people's participation. Democracy is highly linked to Human Rights. It is the right to participation. If you feel like having something to say about the topic or simply just want to hear from other youth in the region, feel free to join because we'd love to have you in this open space.
Key Driving Questions:
- How are the democracy situation in your state / country during Pandemic?
- How does youth's participation and engagement in the policy making discourse and navigating social change?
- What are the main challenges youth face to uphold democracy?
- What are the issues you are concerning about related to democracy in your country?
The open space is designed for a very interactive session where there will be hosts that would moderate the leaderless discussion. It will take place via Zoom (please download Zoom App beforehand) and once the discussion is opened, the host will break the participants into smaller group so that eveyone can have equal opportunity to share and to voice out their mind and feelings. The discussion will last around 45 minutes. ASEAN Youth Forum will create an article based on the discussion.
Sunday, Nov 29th, 2020
2PM - Bangkok, Jakarta, Hanoi, Phnom Penh, Vientiane
1.30PM - Yangon
3PM - Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Bandar Seri Begawan, Manila
4PM - Dili
Any youth who
- are between 15-35 years old
- are a national of / living in Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Singapore, Malaysia, Myanmar, The Philippines, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam.
- believe in the values of human rights, justice, democracy, and freedom
- Register here
- Participants will receive confirmation through email that contains zoom link details
- AYF will remind the participants about Youth: Open Space twice after confirmation email
you can address any question to email@example.com